Saturday, April 18, 2009

After apologize now Piers Morgan blogs about Susan Boyle


After apologize now Piers Morgan blogs about Susan Boyle

Piers Morgan, one of the three judges on Britain's Got Talent, blogs today at The Daily Beast, recalling when he first saw Susan Boyle.

"I can remember the moment like it was yesterday.We were at a big theater in Glasgow, Scotland, back in January.It had been a long, hard day at the audition coalface, with very little talent on display.

Then Susan bounced on stage, full of tartan bonhomie, and the reaction was instantaneous: 3,000 people laughed their heads off, me and my co-judges, Simon Cowell and Amanda Holden, stifled a chuckle, and the clear message from our collective expressions was "This is going to be a car-crash performance of epic proportions."

But, he continues, "within just a few seconds, the joke was suddenly on us.

I can honestly say it was one of the most extraordinary moments in my perhaps equally unlikely career as a talent-show judge."

Watching the show over the weekend, he writes: "As I watched this astonishing scene unfurl again when the show aired in Britain on Saturday night, I texted Simon in Hollywood: "My god, Susan was even better than I remembered—she’s unbelievable." He agreed, and I could almost feel his beady little eyes going ‘KERCHING!’ down the line from his new Beverly Hills mansion."

0 comments:

Post a Comment